God's Calling

"I am not a saver or redeemer, but a proclaimer and a witness."

Monday, February 2, 2015

Welcome Home

3 months ago we loaded up a semi with most of our stuff, which can really add up with a family of 5, and made our way to Le Mars, Iowa. We moved to follow a calling that had been placed on my heart many years ago and only realized recently. Much has changed over the last 4 years, God called me to full time ministry, we had our third child Evelyn, I quit a good job and went into seminary full time, we made it through 3 years of seminary while being blessed by so many wonderful people, the season of trusting God as to where and when came, I accepted the call to be the next pastor at Rejoice Community Church, and we said goodbye to a place we had known as home.

For the last 3 months we have been working on settling into our new roles and community. I, for the first time in my life, feel as though I am exactly where God wants me to be and there is great peace in that (along with expectations, new stresses, joys, and love). The boys have been rooted up from the only place they have known and are doing well with making new friends and getting good grades at school. They also like the church which makes me very happy, we have had some great talks about why we have moved so far away and what it means to actually follow Jesus.

The community of believers at Rejoice have been a blessing to us. We have felt welcomed and cared for during this time of transition, as it is just not a transition for us as a family but also for the body of the church as we start this growing process together.  And what a fun start it has been, baptizing 3 babies in the first two months with more on the way, haha. Who knew baptizing would be so much fun, probably God.

In my mind it feels like the journey we have been on for the last 4 years is finally done and then I hear God's words from Jeremiah 29 "For surely I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans for your welfare and not for harm, to give you a future with hope." In that moment I realize that the journey has just started and what a tale it will be some day, as we are just in the first chapter. I think I will call chapter 1 of this journey "Welcome Home"


No comments:

Post a Comment